What Providers Really Need [Provider Engagement Podcast with Guest Ryan Dodson]
John and Will had the opportunity to sit down with Ryan Dodson, co-founder of New Vision Healthcare Solutions.
He brings substantial experience working with providers to improve Stars Ratings and Risk Adjustment.
Putting the “Engage” in Provider Engagement
Throughout this episode, there was a heavy focus on really improving provider engagement.
We addressed several key topics including:
- Opportunities for improvement in clinical documentation
- Helping Providers moving from a fee for service and quantity mindset to to Value Based Care
- Getting buy-in around RAF Scores and generating resources for the payments
- The best ways to deal with delays in health plan data
- Best practices in Provider Education using their own notes and experience
- How to make incentives more effective, including building relationships with staff, and structuring them at the right time
- The limitations of interoperability in EMR systems
- What good “portals” or systems for data delivery and documentation submissions look
- Understanding the human element of interacting with a provider’s office and team
- And More!
In the constantly changing environment of Value Based Care, provider engagement is one of the key areas where plans can be competitive, especially with the increased emphasis on member experience. Plans that understand how to interact with providers and their teams as people, and not just cogs in the wheels, have the advantage.
Take the opportunity to hear Ryan’s insights on engaging providers. A platform like iCARE can help facilitate all of these functionalities – report delivery, clinical documentation submission and improvement, and provider incentive management.
Contact us to set up a demo: firstname.lastname@example.org